Thursday, January 30, 2014

Vizslas in a Little Nevada Town

 Sunrise looking over the hills east of Beatty, Nevada  (120 miles northwest of Las Vegas). 
 Population: 1,010 hearty souls.
Wikipedia on Beatty

Beatty is one of the "big" little towns on Hwy 95.  Interstate 95 runs north and south through all of western Arizona and Nevada.  Here we laid over for the night after 280 miles and 6 hours from Quartzsite.  Next town, Tonopah, was 90 miles further north.  Final stop was Boomtown just west of Reno before heading west on Hwy 80 and home.
 A cool January morning as I walked past the visitor center to the only breakfast place in town.  Mel's Diner.

"The Space Station" was right along the highway.  Warm shower and hook ups.  First hook-ups I had used since I had left home 11 days earlier.  Dinner and drinks at "The Sourdough" with Jim and Pam that had headed north with me out of Quartzsite in their Lazy Daze. Met some interesting "locals" in the bar.  Had some ribs with cold slaw and beans.  First meal I didn't cook since I left home.


Bailey looks down and in the distance is our Lazy Daze at "the Space Station"



Four pictures of Bailey and Chloe overlooking the town of Beatty.  Not much to see and actually less to do.
What 98% of Hwy 95 looks like through the front windshield of the motor home as we headed north.  Glad I took this route.  A slice of America not seen my many people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here from a different website and thought I might as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you.
Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.



Have a look at my site ... dog training advice separation
anxiety (http://Allisonprclients.com/)